2018, Stellar Winery and an evolving wine marketFebruary 1, 2018
Stellar Winery wins gold at Old Mutual Trophy Wine ShowMay 31, 2018
Pineapple Mojito Sangria With Running Duck
We all like to relax with an ice cold glass of Running Duck Sauvignon Blanc, but sometimes you need to mix things up a bit! This refreshing pineapple mojito sangria with Running Duck Sauvignon Blanc and Fitch & Leedes lemonade is perfect for a warm summer’s day, whether you are relaxing next to the pool, hosting a dinner party or just spending the day with friends. This recipe will really impress your guests and is very easy to make! But beware, if you make it once they will ask you to make it again and again! It might just become your new signature drink!
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced.
- Crushed ice.
- Peppermint leaves,stripped (about 30 peppermint leaves).
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 small fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1 to 2-inch chunks (about 2 cups diced).
- 750 ml bottle Running Duck Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1/2 cup white rum.
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice.
- 3 x 200ml Fitch & Leedes lemonade.
- Additional peppermint leaves and pineapple wedges for garnish.
- In a heavy pitcher that allows for more than 2 litres of fluid, muddle together the lemon slices, peppermint leaves and sugar. You can use a muddler made specifically for the purpose, or a sturdy wooden spoon will work just as well!
- Add the pineapple chunks, then pour the wine, rum, and pineapple juice over the top and mix.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours or add some crushed ice if your guests are already on their way!
- Remove from the refrigerator and add the lemonade. Add a few pieces of the pineapple to your glass and pour the mix over the top. Garnish with additional mint leaves and pineapple wedges if desired. You can even add some fun straws to make the drinks more festive.
Serve to your guests and watch their faces light up with excitement and pure joy.
Stellar Winery’s wine is made from organic grapes, certified as Fair for Life, gluten free and vegan friendly! Check out our range by clicking on the wines tab on our website.